The Rescue Me alum and TateMen Entertainment — the production banner he runs with his brothers LaRon and Lahmard Tate — will produce the pic from writer-director Eugene J. Ashe. Gabrielle Glore will also produce. Larenz Tate also will star in Sylvie’s Love, which is set in NYC’s late-’50s/early-’60s jazz scene. He will play a prodigious Harlem saxophonist in the story of a young woman who struggles to balance her loyalty to her fiancé fighting in Korea against her love for the sax man. Larenz Tate, who had an arc on Showtime’s House Of Lies last year, stars with Craig Robinson in NBC’s comedy pilot Mr. Robinson, which was got a series order last month. His big-screen credits include Ray, Crash and Menace II Society. The Tate brothers are repped by Paradigm.
Larenz Tate Set To Produce And Star In Period Drama ‘Sylvie’s Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
Christmas Coal Continues: PlayStation Network 'No ETA' For Return To Service, Sony Tweets - 3rd UPDATE
'American Sniper' Hits Theaters Christmas Day - See The Making Of Clint Eastwood's Powerful True Story (Video)
More From Patten
- 'Mozart In The Jungle' Review: Dominic Patten On Amazon's Classical Confrontation
- Pride and Precipice
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'