The Rescue Me alum and TateMen Entertainment — the production banner he runs with his brothers LaRon and Lahmard Tate — will produce the pic from writer-director Eugene J. Ashe. Gabrielle Glore will also produce. Larenz Tate also will star in Sylvie’s Love, which is set in NYC’s late-’50s/early-’60s jazz scene. He will play a prodigious Harlem saxophonist in the story of a young woman who struggles to balance her loyalty to her fiancé fighting in Korea against her love for the sax man. Larenz Tate, who had an arc on Showtime’s House Of Lies last year, stars with Craig Robinson in NBC’s comedy pilot Mr. Robinson, which was got a series order last month. His big-screen credits include Ray, Crash and Menace II Society. The Tate brothers are repped by Paradigm.
Larenz Tate Set To Produce And Star In Period Drama ‘Sylvie’s Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- ‘Padmaavat’ Stokes More Violence In India; Laura Linney To Make West End Debut – Global Briefs
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’