The Rescue Me alum and TateMen Entertainment — the production banner he runs with his brothers LaRon and Lahmard Tate — will produce the pic from writer-director Eugene J. Ashe. Gabrielle Glore will also produce. Larenz Tate also will star in Sylvie’s Love, which is set in NYC’s late-’50s/early-’60s jazz scene. He will play a prodigious Harlem saxophonist in the story of a young woman who struggles to balance her loyalty to her fiancé fighting in Korea against her love for the sax man. Larenz Tate, who had an arc on Showtime’s House Of Lies last year, stars with Craig Robinson in NBC’s comedy pilot Mr. Robinson, which was got a series order last month. His big-screen credits include Ray, Crash and Menace II Society. The Tate brothers are repped by Paradigm.
Larenz Tate Set To Produce And Star In Period Drama ‘Sylvie’s Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast