The Rescue Me alum and TateMen Entertainment — the production banner he runs with his brothers LaRon and Lahmard Tate — will produce the pic from writer-director Eugene J. Ashe. Gabrielle Glore will also produce. Larenz Tate also will star in Sylvie’s Love, which is set in NYC’s late-’50s/early-’60s jazz scene. He will play a prodigious Harlem saxophonist in the story of a young woman who struggles to balance her loyalty to her fiancé fighting in Korea against her love for the sax man. Larenz Tate, who had an arc on Showtime’s House Of Lies last year, stars with Craig Robinson in NBC’s comedy pilot Mr. Robinson, which was got a series order last month. His big-screen credits include Ray, Crash and Menace II Society. The Tate brothers are repped by Paradigm.
Larenz Tate Set To Produce And Star In Period Drama ‘Sylvie’s Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors