EXCLUSIVE: Sony has found its leads for Pixels, the Chris Columbus-directed film. Kevin James and Josh Gad are in early talks to star in the film. Adam Sandler and Jack Giarraputo’s Happy Madison is producing. Tim Herlihy and Tim Dowling wrote the script, based on short by Patrick Jean. Production will begin this summer. The logline: When aliens attack by staging versions of ’80s video games on an epic scale, four champion arcade gamers are called back into action to save the world.
Kevin James, Josh Gad For ‘Pixels’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Latest Film News
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?