EXCLUSIVE: A meaty villainous role on Fox‘s event series 24: Live Another Day unexpectedly became vacant after Judy Davis had to pull out. Davis was slated to leave her native Australia for London, where Live Another Day had been filming since January 26, but I’ve learned that personal family matters are preventing her from traveling at this time. As a result, the two-time Emmy winner had to pull out a couple of weeks before the recurring role was scheduled to begin filming. The producers are expected to find a replacement quickly with no impact on production. The character, Margot, is a British national and the widow of a notorious terrorist. 24: Live Another Day, which will premiere on May 5, is a big priority for Fox, which showcased the project in a series of promos during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
Judy Davis Exits ‘24: Live Another Day’ For Personal Reasons; Role To Be Recast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21