BBC Worldwide Prods. executive John Hesling has joined Shed Media US as SVP Programming. In the newly created position, Hesling will oversee all programming at the company, reporting to general manager Pam Healey. “John brings an incredible wealth of experience as both a showrunner and an executive, and has the respect of the creative community,” said Healey. The American production entity of the UK-based Shed Media Group (majority owned by Warner Bros Television Group) is producing 13 series including The Real Housewives Of New York City on Bravo, which returns for its sixth season March 11. At Los Angeles-based BBC Worldwide Prods. Hesling was the executive producer of History Channel’s Top Gear and served as SVP Programming. Hesling came to the U.S. after a stint at the BBC where he developed, produced and directed several series including Dragons’ Den for BBC2, which was remade as Shark Tank in the U.S.
John Hesling Named SVP Programming For Shed Media US
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'