BBC Worldwide Prods. executive John Hesling has joined Shed Media US as SVP Programming. In the newly created position, Hesling will oversee all programming at the company, reporting to general manager Pam Healey. “John brings an incredible wealth of experience as both a showrunner and an executive, and has the respect of the creative community,” said Healey. The American production entity of the UK-based Shed Media Group (majority owned by Warner Bros Television Group) is producing 13 series including The Real Housewives Of New York City on Bravo, which returns for its sixth season March 11. At Los Angeles-based BBC Worldwide Prods. Hesling was the executive producer of History Channel’s Top Gear and served as SVP Programming. Hesling came to the U.S. after a stint at the BBC where he developed, produced and directed several series including Dragons’ Den for BBC2, which was remade as Shark Tank in the U.S.
John Hesling Named SVP Programming For Shed Media US
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- 'The Millers' Ratings Slip On New Night, 'Jane' & 'Scorpion' Hold Well
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'