BBC Worldwide Prods. executive John Hesling has joined Shed Media US as SVP Programming. In the newly created position, Hesling will oversee all programming at the company, reporting to general manager Pam Healey. “John brings an incredible wealth of experience as both a showrunner and an executive, and has the respect of the creative community,” said Healey. The American production entity of the UK-based Shed Media Group (majority owned by Warner Bros Television Group) is producing 13 series including The Real Housewives Of New York City on Bravo, which returns for its sixth season March 11. At Los Angeles-based BBC Worldwide Prods. Hesling was the executive producer of History Channel’s Top Gear and served as SVP Programming. Hesling came to the U.S. after a stint at the BBC where he developed, produced and directed several series including Dragons’ Den for BBC2, which was remade as Shark Tank in the U.S.
John Hesling Named SVP Programming For Shed Media US
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations