John Benjamin Hickey (The Big C, The Good Wife) has been cast as the lead in WGN America’s 13-episode drama series Manhattan. Daniel Stern is set to co-star in the show, from writer Sam Shaw and director Thomas Schlamme, Skydance TV, Tribune Studios and Lionsgate TV. Set during the clandestine mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, NM, Manhattan follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families. It centers on Frank Winter (Hickey), a brilliant and self-destructive physics professor tapped to help lead the Manhattan Project, a mission that will jeopardize his family and his sanity. Stern plays Glen Babbit, a mentor and consigliere to the younger physicists working on the Manhattan Project who navigates the political minefield of Los Alamos with wisdom and a dry wit. The two join previously cast Rachel Brosnahan, Ashley Zukerman and Harry Lloyd.
John Benjamin Hickey, Daniel Stern To Star In WGN America Series ‘Manhattan’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate