John Benjamin Hickey (The Big C, The Good Wife) has been cast as the lead in WGN America’s 13-episode drama series Manhattan. Daniel Stern is set to co-star in the show, from writer Sam Shaw and director Thomas Schlamme, Skydance TV, Tribune Studios and Lionsgate TV. Set during the clandestine mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, NM, Manhattan follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families. It centers on Frank Winter (Hickey), a brilliant and self-destructive physics professor tapped to help lead the Manhattan Project, a mission that will jeopardize his family and his sanity. Stern plays Glen Babbit, a mentor and consigliere to the younger physicists working on the Manhattan Project who navigates the political minefield of Los Alamos with wisdom and a dry wit. The two join previously cast Rachel Brosnahan, Ashley Zukerman and Harry Lloyd.
John Benjamin Hickey, Daniel Stern To Star In WGN America Series ‘Manhattan’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21