David Gordon Green directed Nicolas Cage in the adaptation of Larry Brown’s novel, about an Southern ex-con trying to stay out of trouble. Spoiler alert: He can’t, especially after befriending a hard-luck kid (Tye Sheridan) he tries to protect from an evil father. Sheridan won the Best Newcomer prize for the role at Venice. Gary Hawkins wrote the screenplay. Roadside Attractions nabbed the title in a bidding war during Toronto and is releasing it April 11– but not before Joe has its U.S. Premiere at SXSW on March 13. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot SXSW Trailer: Nicolas Cage’s ‘Joe’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company