David Gordon Green directed Nicolas Cage in the adaptation of Larry Brown’s novel, about an Southern ex-con trying to stay out of trouble. Spoiler alert: He can’t, especially after befriending a hard-luck kid (Tye Sheridan) he tries to protect from an evil father. Sheridan won the Best Newcomer prize for the role at Venice. Gary Hawkins wrote the screenplay. Roadside Attractions nabbed the title in a bidding war during Toronto and is releasing it April 11– but not before Joe has its U.S. Premiere at SXSW on March 13. Here’s the trailer that dropped today:
Hot SXSW Trailer: Nicolas Cage’s ‘Joe’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'