JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as one of the leads in ABC‘s drama Astronaut Wives Club, recently picked up for summer with a 10-episode straight-to-series order. The project, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Michael London’s Groundswell Prods and ABC Studios, was written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book. It tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Swisher, repped by WME and John Carrabino, will play Betty Grissom, the wife of one of the original astronauts. A bouncy redhead with curls askew and a folksy Hoosier accent, she’s got a down-home appeal, which endears her to the public. Astronaut Wives Club extends Swisher’s relationship with ABC and ABC Studios following her recent arc as Ariel on their series Once Upon A Time. It also reunites her with Savage and Schwartz on whose CW series Gossip Girl she recurred five years ago.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In ABC Summer Series ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over