JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as one of the leads in ABC‘s drama Astronaut Wives Club, recently picked up for summer with a 10-episode straight-to-series order. The project, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Michael London’s Groundswell Prods and ABC Studios, was written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book. It tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Swisher, repped by WME and John Carrabino, will play Betty Grissom, the wife of one of the original astronauts. A bouncy redhead with curls askew and a folksy Hoosier accent, she’s got a down-home appeal, which endears her to the public. Astronaut Wives Club extends Swisher’s relationship with ABC and ABC Studios following her recent arc as Ariel on their series Once Upon A Time. It also reunites her with Savage and Schwartz on whose CW series Gossip Girl she recurred five years ago.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In ABC Summer Series ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two