JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as one of the leads in ABC‘s drama Astronaut Wives Club, recently picked up for summer with a 10-episode straight-to-series order. The project, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Michael London’s Groundswell Prods and ABC Studios, was written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book. It tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Swisher, repped by WME and John Carrabino, will play Betty Grissom, the wife of one of the original astronauts. A bouncy redhead with curls askew and a folksy Hoosier accent, she’s got a down-home appeal, which endears her to the public. Astronaut Wives Club extends Swisher’s relationship with ABC and ABC Studios following her recent arc as Ariel on their series Once Upon A Time. It also reunites her with Savage and Schwartz on whose CW series Gossip Girl she recurred five years ago.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In ABC Summer Series ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate