JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as one of the leads in ABC‘s drama Astronaut Wives Club, recently picked up for summer with a 10-episode straight-to-series order. The project, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Michael London’s Groundswell Prods and ABC Studios, was written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book. It tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Swisher, repped by WME and John Carrabino, will play Betty Grissom, the wife of one of the original astronauts. A bouncy redhead with curls askew and a folksy Hoosier accent, she’s got a down-home appeal, which endears her to the public. Astronaut Wives Club extends Swisher’s relationship with ABC and ABC Studios following her recent arc as Ariel on their series Once Upon A Time. It also reunites her with Savage and Schwartz on whose CW series Gossip Girl she recurred five years ago.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In ABC Summer Series ‘The Astronaut Wives Club’
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low