EXCLUSIVE: Following the success of The Bible miniseries on History, A+E Networks sibling Lifetime too has put in development a longform project about Jesus. Titled The One, the movie hails from Leslie Greif, the producer of History’s blockbuster Hatfields & McCoys miniseries, and his Thinkfactory Media. Written by 2013 Nicholl Fellowship Winners Frank DeJohn and David Alton Hedges, The One is described as a coming-of-age story exploring Jesus’ early life and formative years as he comes to learn he is the Son of God and is destined for greatness. The project is poised to shed light on a lesser known period in Jesus’ life as there is very little written about him from the age of 13, following a pilgrimage to Jerusalem he took with his parents, to age 30, when he began his ministry and was baptized by John the Baptist. The One is expected to stay true to the spirit of Jesus’ image as chronicled in The Bible. Another project about Jesus’ so called “lost years,” which was briefly in development at History, took a more unconventional approach, exploring a theory about Jesus’ origins as an exorcist. DeJohn and Hedges are with UTA and BenderSpink.
Lifetime Develops Movie About Jesus’ Early Life With ‘Hatfields & McCoys’ Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE