The untitled English-language debut of Miss Bala helmer Gerardo Naranjo is ramping up its cast. Joining Dakota Fanning in the 1980s-set punk rock picture are Frank Dillane (Harry Potter), Jeremy Allen White (Shameless), Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class) and Caleb Landry Jones (X-Men: First Class). Fanning stars in the film as Viena, a roadie on a journey of self-discovery while on tour with a punk band in the 1980s. The project was first announced in November at the Baja International Film Festival where the deal came together in Los Cabos, Mexico. Pic is produced by Verisimilitude’s Hunter Gray and Alex Orlovsky with Lola Pictures’ Chris Ramirez. Naranjo is directing from his own script and filming gets underway in Nevada late next month. WME and Echo Lake Entertainment-repped Fanning recently wrapped Effie Gray, Every Secret Thing, and Franny. Dillane, to be seen in Ron Howard’s In The Heart of the Sea, is repped by WME and Michelle Braidman & Associates in the UK. White stars on Showtime’s Shameless and debuted indie thriller We Gotta Get Out Of This Place at TIFF. He’s repped by WME and Jackoway, Tyerman, Wertheimer, Austen, Mandelbaum, Morris & Klein. Kravitz appears next in Lionsgate’s Divergent and is a client of Paradigm and Untitled. Her X-Men: First Class co-star Jones recently wrapped John Boorman’s Queen and Country and is repped by Resolution and Untitled.
Jeremy Allen White, Zoe Kravitz, Caleb Landry Jones, Frank Dillane Join Dakota Fanning In Gerardo Naranjo Punk Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Brings $49M+ To Pass $100M Worldwide…
- Warner Bros Renews Redbox Distribution Deal With 28-Day Delay
- Weinstein Company Wins 8-Figure U.S. Rights Auction For Matthew McConaughey Starrer ‘Gold’
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?