FX has found its man for comedy pilot Man Seeking Woman, from Lorne Michaels’ Broadway Video. Undeclared alum Jay Baruchel has signed on for the lead role in the project based on Simon Rich’s book, The Last Girlfriend On Earth, Man Seeking Woman. Described as a sweet and absurd look at the life-and-death stakes of dating, Man Seeking Woman centers on Josh Greenberg (Baruchel), a naive romantic on a desperate quest for love. When his longtime girlfriend dumps him, Josh enters the dating scene, a nightmarish hellscape of untold horror. Despite the agony, Josh continues his search in the hopes of finding someone who will make all the misery worth it. Jonathan Krisel will direct the pilot from a script by Rich. FX Prods. is producing, with filming slated for spring in Toronto, a rare comedy pilot shoot north of the border. This marks a return to television for Baruchel who got his break on Judd Apatow’s underrated comedy series Undeclared. Baruchel, repped by CAA, Thruline and Jamie Feldman, co-starred in last summer’s feature comedy This Is The End and will next be seen in Robocop and heard in How To Train Your Dragon 2.
Jay Baruchel To Topline FX Comedy Pilot ‘Man Seeking Woman’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says – TCA
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3