After fielding some half dozen TV offers, former Awake star Jason Isaacs has signed on as the lead of USA Network’s six-episode event series DIG, an action adventure drama from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, creator of the Israeli series on which Showtime’s Homeland was based. Kring and Raff co-created DIG, which centers on Peter (Isaacs), an FBI agent stationed in Jerusalem who, while investigating a murder of a woman archaeologist, uncovers a conspiracy 2000 years in the making that threatens to change the course of history. The series is a production of Keshet Media Group for UCP in cooperation with the city of Jerusalem. It will start filming in Jerusalem and other oversees locations in May for a premiere on USA later this year. Kring and Raff are exec producing with Keshet Media Group CEO Avi Nir and Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. Isaacs, repped by Gersh, Silver Lining Entertainment and and Karl Austen, is filming NBC’s miniseries Rosemary’s Baby and indie Stockholm, Pennsylvania. He was at the Berlin Film Festival last week with his film Things People Do.
Jason Isaacs To Topline USA Network Event Series ‘DIG’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres