After fielding some half dozen TV offers, former Awake star Jason Isaacs has signed on as the lead of USA Network’s six-episode event series DIG, an action adventure drama from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, creator of the Israeli series on which Showtime’s Homeland was based. Kring and Raff co-created DIG, which centers on Peter (Isaacs), an FBI agent stationed in Jerusalem who, while investigating a murder of a woman archaeologist, uncovers a conspiracy 2000 years in the making that threatens to change the course of history. The series is a production of Keshet Media Group for UCP in cooperation with the city of Jerusalem. It will start filming in Jerusalem and other oversees locations in May for a premiere on USA later this year. Kring and Raff are exec producing with Keshet Media Group CEO Avi Nir and Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. Isaacs, repped by Gersh, Silver Lining Entertainment and and Karl Austen, is filming NBC’s miniseries Rosemary’s Baby and indie Stockholm, Pennsylvania. He was at the Berlin Film Festival last week with his film Things People Do.
Jason Isaacs To Topline USA Network Event Series ‘DIG’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- ‘Little People’ Animated Musical Comedy Series To Premiere On Sprout
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani