30 Rock alumna Jane Krakowski has been tapped as the lead of Fox‘s half-hour pilot Dead Boss, from Warner Bros TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment. An adaptation of the BBC3 series created by Sharon Horgan and Holly Walsh, Dead Boss is a comedic mystery that finds overachiever Helen Stephens (Krakowski) wrongfully convicted of murdering her boss and forced to rely on her train wreck of a sister to prove her innocence. The role was played by Horgan in the original series. Krakowski, who recently signed with Brillstein Entertainment, had been fielding multiple offers this pilot season following her seven-year run on 30 Rock, which earned her four Emmy nominations. I hear production of the Dead Boss pilot and potential series is being moved to New York where Krakowski is based. The pilot was written by Patricia Breen who is executive producing with Horgan and Kaplan. UTA-repped Krakowski recently did a guest stint on Modern Family.
Jane Krakowski To Topline Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Dead Boss’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'