30 Rock alumna Jane Krakowski has been tapped as the lead of Fox‘s half-hour pilot Dead Boss, from Warner Bros TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment. An adaptation of the BBC3 series created by Sharon Horgan and Holly Walsh, Dead Boss is a comedic mystery that finds overachiever Helen Stephens (Krakowski) wrongfully convicted of murdering her boss and forced to rely on her train wreck of a sister to prove her innocence. The role was played by Horgan in the original series. Krakowski, who recently signed with Brillstein Entertainment, had been fielding multiple offers this pilot season following her seven-year run on 30 Rock, which earned her four Emmy nominations. I hear production of the Dead Boss pilot and potential series is being moved to New York where Krakowski is based. The pilot was written by Patricia Breen who is executive producing with Horgan and Kaplan. UTA-repped Krakowski recently did a guest stint on Modern Family.
Jane Krakowski To Topline Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Dead Boss’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82