After years of trying, Jamie Lee Curtis has been lured to do a pilot. The True Lies and Halloween alumna is set to star in CBS’ untitled David Marshall Grant drama pilot, from CBS TV Studios and Timberman-Beverly. The soapy medical show, based on an Israeli format, revolves around quadruplets – three brothers and a sister – who grew up on a reality show. Curtis will play their mother, Caroline, a dynamic and distinguished physician who now runs the hospital. This marks Curtis’ first series regular role since 1989′s Anything But Love. It expands her relationship with CBS and CBS TV Studios, where she recently did an arc on NCIS. CAA-repped Curtis was recently attached to a horror drama project at ABC Family with her Halloween H20 director Steve Miner. She also has been recurring on Fox’s New Girl. Grant penned the script for the CBS pilot, which he exec produces with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, the Israeli series creators Giyora Yahalom and Oren Jakobi as well as Yona Wiesenthal, Avi Armoza, Eilon Ratzkovsky, Tariq Jalil and David Garrett.
Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In CBS’ David Marshall Grant Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Judge Judy Sheindlin & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’