Jack Davenport is set as the lead in ABC‘s drama pilot Sea Of Fire. The Smash alum, who fielded multiple pilot offers, joins recently cast female lead Jennifer Carpenter in the project based on a Dutch format. Young Australian actress Isabelle Cornish (Home & Away) also has been cast in the pilot, which chronicles the fallout from three teenage girls starring in a pornographic film, which tears their families apart and leads to a disappearance, a murder and host of other secrets boiling under the surface in a small town. Davenport stars as easy-going local Sheriff Marty Kesowich. Already deeply concerned over his suicidal and befuddled wife, Marty counts himself lucky to have a seemingly perfect daughter, cheerleader and straight-A student Merel (Cornish). But he’s shocked to learn that Merel is not at all the paragon he imagined. After Merel’s close friend Jane goes missing, Marty fears that his daughter had some involvement, and when FBI Agent Leah Pierce (Carpenter) joins the case, Marty is torn between pursuing the investigation fully or covering up the increasingly damning evidence against his child. Sea Of Fire hails from writer Jenna Bans, Sony TV, ABC Studios, Scripted World and Mandeville. British-born Davenport, repped by Gersh, manager Nancy Sanders and UK’s Christian Hodell, most recently starred in the IFC miniseries Breathless.
Jack Davenport To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Sea Of Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo