In yet another acquisition of a U.S. production company, the UK’s ITV has taken a controlling stake in DiGa Vision. The New York-based indie produces reality and scripted programming including MTV’s Teen Wolf. ITV is paying cash for 51% of the company with a put and call option to acquire the remainder in three to six years. In keeping with its typical acquisition strategy, ITV would pay an amount linked to the performance of DiGa over the period. ITV did not provide detailed financials. DiGa was launched in 2011 by former MTV executives Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley. Along with Teen Wolf, the slate includes MTV’s Girl Get Your Mind Right and Ke$ha: Crazy Beautiful Life. Auction-based format Celebrity Home Raiders will air on Lifetime in March. Paul Buccieri, president and CEO, ITV Studios U.S. Group, said, “Tony and Liz have an excellent track record in creating original, engaging and compelling reality and scripted programming with an impressive content pipeline which feeds into numerous networks. They’re a true creative force and will be a great addition to the ITV Studios US Group of companies. In the last 18 months, ITV has acquired controlling stakes in Gurney Productions, High Noon Entertainment and Thinkfactory Media in the U.S. as well as UK producers The Garden and Big Talk.
ITV Takes Controlling Stake In ‘Teen Wolf’ Producer DiGa Vision
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest International News
- Cannes Film Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux Quells Exit Chatter, But Confirms Offer
- Annapurna’s Kim Fox Joining Marc Butan’s MadRiver Pictures As Partner, Launching International Sales Arm
- Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock…
- Ethan Hawke To Star In ‘24 Hours To Live’ For Fundamental Films And Thunder Road Pictures
- ‘Half Life’ Trailer: Epic Pictures Lands Sci-Fi Thriller Along With SXSW Hit ‘Uncle Kent 2’
- Mark Damon’s Foresight Boards Alec Baldwin-Demi Moore Drama ‘Blind’