EXCLUSIVE: Isabelle Fuhrman, who played memorable baddies in both The Hunger Games and Orphan, has landed the female lead opposite Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in The Cell. The film is an adaptation of the Stephen King thriller novel about an apocalyptic event that amounts to a pitch heard by anyone on a cell phone at a certain moment in time, which turns them into zombified beings with a herd mentality. Fuhrman will play the lead role of Alice. Paranormal Activity 2 helmer Tod Williams is directing a script by King and Adam Alleca, the latter of whom scripted Last House On The Left. Fuhrman next stars in The Wilderness Of James and Dear Eleanor. She’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
Isabelle Fuhrman Joins Stephen King’s ‘The Cell’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards