EXCLUSIVE: Isabelle Fuhrman, who played memorable baddies in both The Hunger Games and Orphan, has landed the female lead opposite Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in The Cell. The film is an adaptation of the Stephen King thriller novel about an apocalyptic event that amounts to a pitch heard by anyone on a cell phone at a certain moment in time, which turns them into zombified beings with a herd mentality. Fuhrman will play the lead role of Alice. Paranormal Activity 2 helmer Tod Williams is directing a script by King and Adam Alleca, the latter of whom scripted Last House On The Left. Fuhrman next stars in The Wilderness Of James and Dear Eleanor. She’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
Isabelle Fuhrman Joins Stephen King’s ‘The Cell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’