EXCLUSIVE: Isabelle Fuhrman, who played memorable baddies in both The Hunger Games and Orphan, has landed the female lead opposite Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in The Cell. The film is an adaptation of the Stephen King thriller novel about an apocalyptic event that amounts to a pitch heard by anyone on a cell phone at a certain moment in time, which turns them into zombified beings with a herd mentality. Fuhrman will play the lead role of Alice. Paranormal Activity 2 helmer Tod Williams is directing a script by King and Adam Alleca, the latter of whom scripted Last House On The Left. Fuhrman next stars in The Wilderness Of James and Dear Eleanor. She’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
Isabelle Fuhrman Joins Stephen King’s ‘The Cell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Gets China Release Date In Late August