There’s talk of a Broadway show. A TV movie is being developed for Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network on the life of one of its subjects, Darlene Love. It became the number one grossing documentary of the year . And now it made the cut as one of the five nominees for Best Documentary Feature at the Oscars where many think it will go all the way and pick up the gold man. Director Morgan Neville’s 20 Feet From Stardom, a look at the lives of several of the music industry’s greatest back-up singers, has had quite a ride since opening in the summer. And it continues. Take a look at this featurette profiling the film’s true stars.
Hot Featurette: Oscar Nominated Documentary ‘20 Feet From Stardom’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Hammond
- 'Ouija' Review: Pete Hammond On Hasbro's Stiff Board Game Pic
- Oscar Producers Blast Trade Story That Called Neil Patrick Harris An “Also-Ran” And Not First Choice To Host
- Matthew McConaughey Gets A 'Stellar' Tribute From American Cinematheque
- Oscars: 'Birdman' Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- AFI Fest Adds 'The Homesman' Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins