Vancouver-based 3D specialists Gener8 Media is expanding into VFX postproduction with a newly created division called The Feder8tion, to be headed by 20th Century Fox veteran Jennifer Meislohn. She comes to the company after almost a decade at Fox, where she was VP Visual Effects overseeing films like the Oscar-winning Life Of Pi, Chronicle, Night At The Museum, and the converted Titanic 3D. Gener8’s new VFX department will specialize in composite, set extension, and environment visual effects and is planning on adding 30 staffers by summer’s end. “I’ve seen firsthand the impact that Gener8 has had on Hollywood’s 3D conversion industry,” said Meislohn. “From a groundbreaking process and technology to a growing list of major studio clients and films, Gener8 is fast becoming recognized as a key player for unbeatable quality and service. I’m very excited to get The Feder8tion up and running and help expand the business in a broader direction.” Gener8 has established itself in the field of 3D with proprietary stereo conversion services and credits on The Amazing Spider-Man, Harry Potter, Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 as well as developing cloud-based data management via its Cumul8 system.
Gener8 Media Hires Fox Exec Jennifer Meislohn To Head New VFX Division
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance 'Spring'
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World