Vancouver-based 3D specialists Gener8 Media is expanding into VFX postproduction with a newly created division called The Feder8tion, to be headed by 20th Century Fox veteran Jennifer Meislohn. She comes to the company after almost a decade at Fox, where she was VP Visual Effects overseeing films like the Oscar-winning Life Of Pi, Chronicle, Night At The Museum, and the converted Titanic 3D. Gener8’s new VFX department will specialize in composite, set extension, and environment visual effects and is planning on adding 30 staffers by summer’s end. “I’ve seen firsthand the impact that Gener8 has had on Hollywood’s 3D conversion industry,” said Meislohn. “From a groundbreaking process and technology to a growing list of major studio clients and films, Gener8 is fast becoming recognized as a key player for unbeatable quality and service. I’m very excited to get The Feder8tion up and running and help expand the business in a broader direction.” Gener8 has established itself in the field of 3D with proprietary stereo conversion services and credits on The Amazing Spider-Man, Harry Potter, Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 as well as developing cloud-based data management via its Cumul8 system.
Gener8 Media Hires Fox Exec Jennifer Meislohn To Head New VFX Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'