Veteran TV journalist Garrick Utley has died following a long battle with cancer, NBC News said today. He was 74. Utley began his career at NBC News in 1963, reporting for the next 30 years for the network. In the early years he reported on Vietnam and later went on to moderate Meet The Press. He also anchored Weekend Today and Sunday Nightly News. He eventually left NBC to become the chief foreign correspondent for ABC News and later reported for CNN from 1997-2002. Here’s a clip from the Today show, which announced Utley’s death this morning.
R.I.P. TV Newsman Garrick Utley
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC