Open Road Films is back in business with stand-up comic Gabriel Iglesias, nabbing worldwide rights to The Fluffy Movie, a comedy concert film that will now hit theaters on July 11, 2014. Gulfstream Pictures, which teamed with Open Road on the animated family pic The Nut Job, financed and produced Fluffy with Gulfstream’s Mike Karz and Bill Bindley, Arsonhouse Entertainment’s Joe Meloche and Ron DeBlasio, Iglesias and his company Fluffy Inc, and Levity Entertainment Group producing. John Bravakis is executive producing. Iglesias had a voice role in Nut Job, which grossed $25.7 million over the MLK Jr holiday frame and has a sequel in the works for January 2016. The concert movie will be filmed at two upcoming shows on February 28 and March 1 in San Jose, CA. “Gabriel has worked incredibly hard to become a massive success in the world of stand-up comedy,” said Open Road CEO Tom Ortenberg. “With his roles in Magic Mike and The Nut Job and a hilarious performance in our upcoming film A Haunted House 2, he is a rising star on the big screen and this new film is certain to be a hit with comedy lovers everywhere.”
Open Road Acquires Gabriel Iglesias Comedy Concert Pic
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV