Open Road Films is back in business with stand-up comic Gabriel Iglesias, nabbing worldwide rights to The Fluffy Movie, a comedy concert film that will now hit theaters on July 11, 2014. Gulfstream Pictures, which teamed with Open Road on the animated family pic The Nut Job, financed and produced Fluffy with Gulfstream’s Mike Karz and Bill Bindley, Arsonhouse Entertainment’s Joe Meloche and Ron DeBlasio, Iglesias and his company Fluffy Inc, and Levity Entertainment Group producing. John Bravakis is executive producing. Iglesias had a voice role in Nut Job, which grossed $25.7 million over the MLK Jr holiday frame and has a sequel in the works for January 2016. The concert movie will be filmed at two upcoming shows on February 28 and March 1 in San Jose, CA. “Gabriel has worked incredibly hard to become a massive success in the world of stand-up comedy,” said Open Road CEO Tom Ortenberg. “With his roles in Magic Mike and The Nut Job and a hilarious performance in our upcoming film A Haunted House 2, he is a rising star on the big screen and this new film is certain to be a hit with comedy lovers everywhere.”
Open Road Acquires Gabriel Iglesias Comedy Concert Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- FIrst Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Scientific And Technical Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards: Leonardo DiCaprio Wins Best Actor For ‘The Revenant’
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog
- ‘Deadpool’ Rises To $125M+, ‘Zoolander 2,’ ‘How To Be Single’ Follow – Int’l…
- Lionsgate Acquires UK Rights To ‘Ghost Stories’ – Berlin