FremantleMedia International has created FremantleMedia Canada, a Toronto-based sales office for its distribution operation. Susan Hummel, a recent hire as SVP distribution and sales, will head up the new office. FremantleMedia Canada will grow the company’s business in both the English and French languages. Hummel will be responsible for developing and managing strategies to license FremantleMedia content to various distribution platforms and will create local marketing initiatives. The exec was recently SVP of U.S. basic cable and Canadian TV distribution for MGM. She also previously worked at Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and FX. In the past year, Fremantle has increased its focus on investing in in-house and third-party content and development, as well as upping its commitment to scripted programming. Earlier this week, FremantleMedia North America acquired the rights to Neil Gaiman book American Gods which it will develop as a drama series.
FremantleMedia International Hangs Canadian Shingle; Hires Susan Hummel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More