FremantleMedia International has created FremantleMedia Canada, a Toronto-based sales office for its distribution operation. Susan Hummel, a recent hire as SVP distribution and sales, will head up the new office. FremantleMedia Canada will grow the company’s business in both the English and French languages. Hummel will be responsible for developing and managing strategies to license FremantleMedia content to various distribution platforms and will create local marketing initiatives. The exec was recently SVP of U.S. basic cable and Canadian TV distribution for MGM. She also previously worked at Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and FX. In the past year, Fremantle has increased its focus on investing in in-house and third-party content and development, as well as upping its commitment to scripted programming. Earlier this week, FremantleMedia North America acquired the rights to Neil Gaiman book American Gods which it will develop as a drama series.
FremantleMedia International Hangs Canadian Shingle; Hires Susan Hummel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival