Seven months after he exited FremantleMedia, David Ellender is launching a Los Angeles-based independent production company, Slingshot Global Media. Backed by private investment firm TPG, Slingshot plans to develop and produce drama and comedy series for the U.S. market as well as globally-appealing projects through international co-financing, co-production, and pre-sales. London native Ellender spent 12 years at FremantleMedia, serving as CEO of FremantleMedia International from 2006-13.
Former FremantleMedia International CEO Launches Independent Production Company
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'