EXCLUSIVE: French actress Elodie Yung is following her turn in last year’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation with her next Hollywood actioner. She’s been cast as the goddess Hathor in Summit Entertainment’s Gods of Egypt opposite Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Chadwick Boseman and Geoffrey Rush. The February 12, 2016 release is directed by Alex Proyas from a script he wrote with Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, about a thief and a god on a magical quest in ancient Egypt. Yung made an impression as a lethal gang lord in action sequel District 13: Ultimatum and also appeared in David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She also stars in the upcoming rom-com 10 Things I Hate About Life with Evan Rachel Wood and Billy Campbell. Yung is repped by Generate, Gersh, Independent Talent in the UK and Tara Kole.
Elodie Yung Joins Summit’s ‘Gods of Egypt’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set