EXCLUSIVE: French actress Elodie Yung is following her turn in last year’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation with her next Hollywood actioner. She’s been cast as the goddess Hathor in Summit Entertainment’s Gods of Egypt opposite Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Chadwick Boseman and Geoffrey Rush. The February 12, 2016 release is directed by Alex Proyas from a script he wrote with Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, about a thief and a god on a magical quest in ancient Egypt. Yung made an impression as a lethal gang lord in action sequel District 13: Ultimatum and also appeared in David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She also stars in the upcoming rom-com 10 Things I Hate About Life with Evan Rachel Wood and Billy Campbell. Yung is repped by Generate, Gersh, Independent Talent in the UK and Tara Kole.
Elodie Yung Joins Summit’s ‘Gods of Egypt’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'
- 'The Interview' Yanked By Regal, AMC & Other Major Chains
- Through a Lens Darkly