EXCLUSIVE: Lost alum Dominic Monaghan is set to star and Swedish-born Michael Nyqvist (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) to co-star in 100 Code (aka The Hundred Code), a 12-episode drama series created by Bobby Moresco (Crash). The series, produced by Fabrik Entertainment and Red Arrow International, is based on Irish author Ken Bruens’ novel Merrick. Set in Sweden where young women have been turning up dead in a field of asphodel flowers over the course of 12 months, it centers on New York Detective Tommy Conley (Monaghan) who, through a special dispensation from the NYPD, is permitted to observe and advise the Stockholm PD. There, he is paired with veteran homicide detective Mikael Eklund (Nyqvist), a by-the-book Swedish nationalist with an aversion to American’s grab-and-go culture. Both hate each other but have to learn to work together to stop the killings. Filming is slated to begin in Sweden in May. The series is yet to be shopped to U.S. networks. Executive producing are Moresco and David Guillod as well as Henrik Bastin, Kristen Campo and Mikkel Bondessen of Fabrik and Joakim Hansson of Sweden’s Strix Drama. APA-repped Monaghan will next be seen in Season 2 of his travel/adventure show Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan, which returns to BBC America on March 25. Nyqvist, repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, co-starred on ABC’s Zero Hour.
Dominic Monaghan & Michael Nyqvist Topline Red Arrow Series ‘100 Code’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'