EXCLUSIVE: Lost alum Dominic Monaghan is set to star and Swedish-born Michael Nyqvist (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) to co-star in 100 Code (aka The Hundred Code), a 12-episode drama series created by Bobby Moresco (Crash). The series, produced by Fabrik Entertainment and Red Arrow International, is based on Irish author Ken Bruens’ novel Merrick. Set in Sweden where young women have been turning up dead in a field of asphodel flowers over the course of 12 months, it centers on New York Detective Tommy Conley (Monaghan) who, through a special dispensation from the NYPD, is permitted to observe and advise the Stockholm PD. There, he is paired with veteran homicide detective Mikael Eklund (Nyqvist), a by-the-book Swedish nationalist with an aversion to American’s grab-and-go culture. Both hate each other but have to learn to work together to stop the killings. Filming is slated to begin in Sweden in May. The series is yet to be shopped to U.S. networks. Executive producing are Moresco and David Guillod as well as Henrik Bastin, Kristen Campo and Mikkel Bondessen of Fabrik and Joakim Hansson of Sweden’s Strix Drama. APA-repped Monaghan will next be seen in Season 2 of his travel/adventure show Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan, which returns to BBC America on March 25. Nyqvist, repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, co-starred on ABC’s Zero Hour.
Dominic Monaghan & Michael Nyqvist Topline Red Arrow Series ‘100 Code’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest International News
- 19 Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK; Suicide Bomber Suspected
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- ‘Beauty And The Dogs’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Cannes