EXCLUSIVE: Lost alum Dominic Monaghan is set to star and Swedish-born Michael Nyqvist (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) to co-star in 100 Code (aka The Hundred Code), a 12-episode drama series created by Bobby Moresco (Crash). The series, produced by Fabrik Entertainment and Red Arrow International, is based on Irish author Ken Bruens’ novel Merrick. Set in Sweden where young women have been turning up dead in a field of asphodel flowers over the course of 12 months, it centers on New York Detective Tommy Conley (Monaghan) who, through a special dispensation from the NYPD, is permitted to observe and advise the Stockholm PD. There, he is paired with veteran homicide detective Mikael Eklund (Nyqvist), a by-the-book Swedish nationalist with an aversion to American’s grab-and-go culture. Both hate each other but have to learn to work together to stop the killings. Filming is slated to begin in Sweden in May. The series is yet to be shopped to U.S. networks. Executive producing are Moresco and David Guillod as well as Henrik Bastin, Kristen Campo and Mikkel Bondessen of Fabrik and Joakim Hansson of Sweden’s Strix Drama. APA-repped Monaghan will next be seen in Season 2 of his travel/adventure show Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan, which returns to BBC America on March 25. Nyqvist, repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, co-starred on ABC’s Zero Hour.
Dominic Monaghan & Michael Nyqvist Topline Red Arrow Series ‘100 Code’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'