If you have a fledgling consumer media or entertainment product company, then this is for you: The media giant says its new Los Angeles-based program — called Disney Accelerator — will pick 10 companies to receive $120,000 in investment capital and three months of mentoring help from execs including CEO Bob Iger. The initiative will be “powered by” Techstars, which runs similar programs to identify investment opportunities at companies including Barclays, Nike, and Sprint. Disney has an April 16 deadline for applications to its program (check here), which begins June 30, and ends in September with an Investor Demo Day where teams introduce themselves to industry leaders and investors. “Disney Accelerator offers a unique collaboration between some of the best creative minds in the entertainment industry and the modern-day visionaries who are starting businesses on the strength of exciting new ideas,” says Disney EVP of Corporate Strategy and Business Development Kevin Mayer. Innovation SVP Michael Abrams will oversee the program. In addition to Iger, Disney’s mentoring team will include execs from Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, ESPN and Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Unveils Plan To Coach And Invest In Startups
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
'Magnificent Seven' Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua - Monday Final B.O.
Latest Business News
- Jack Pan Departs As STX Marketing President, Eddie Egan Becomes Interim Boss
- Wanda Group In Talks To Add Dick Clark Productions To Global Media Armada
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Nathan Lane, John Slattery Are ‘Front Page’ News At Broadway Box Office
- Disney Exploring A Possible Twitter Bid: Report
- EuropaCorp Sets Production & Acquisition Team With Promotions & New Hires