Columbia Pictures‘ EVP Production Sam Dickerman is moving to Disney, taking the same title and reporting to Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production president Sean Bailey. While at Sony, Dickerman worked most recently on current Oscar Best Picture nominee American Hustle as well as Salt and Battle: Los Angeles and comedies Click, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Grown Ups. He joined Columbia in 2005 as SVP Production. At Disney his responsibilities will include development and production of Disney-branded live-action films; he called the job “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” “Sam is a talented executive with a history of creating dynamic and compelling films,” Bailey said in the release announcing the hire. “His passion for filmmaking, proven track record, and wealth of experience make him a great addition to our Disney live-action team.” Before Columbia, Dickerman was president of Wolfgang Petersen’s Radiant Productions where he worked on films like Troy and The Perfect Storm.
Disney Hires Columbia Pictures’ Sam Dickerman As EVP Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Feature Documentary Submissions Unveiled; 145 In Mix
- Sharon Tate Biopic In Works With Kate Bosworth To Star
- Potential Oscar Sleeper ‘Patriots Day’ Lands AFI Fest Closing-Night Slot
- Casey Affleck Writing & Staring In ‘Villain’, Directed By Swedish Helmer Mikael Marcimain
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate