Columbia Pictures‘ EVP Production Sam Dickerman is moving to Disney, taking the same title and reporting to Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production president Sean Bailey. While at Sony, Dickerman worked most recently on current Oscar Best Picture nominee American Hustle as well as Salt and Battle: Los Angeles and comedies Click, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Grown Ups. He joined Columbia in 2005 as SVP Production. At Disney his responsibilities will include development and production of Disney-branded live-action films; he called the job “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” “Sam is a talented executive with a history of creating dynamic and compelling films,” Bailey said in the release announcing the hire. “His passion for filmmaking, proven track record, and wealth of experience make him a great addition to our Disney live-action team.” Before Columbia, Dickerman was president of Wolfgang Petersen’s Radiant Productions where he worked on films like Troy and The Perfect Storm.
Disney Hires Columbia Pictures’ Sam Dickerman As EVP Production
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'