Columbia Pictures‘ EVP Production Sam Dickerman is moving to Disney, taking the same title and reporting to Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production president Sean Bailey. While at Sony, Dickerman worked most recently on current Oscar Best Picture nominee American Hustle as well as Salt and Battle: Los Angeles and comedies Click, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Grown Ups. He joined Columbia in 2005 as SVP Production. At Disney his responsibilities will include development and production of Disney-branded live-action films; he called the job “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” “Sam is a talented executive with a history of creating dynamic and compelling films,” Bailey said in the release announcing the hire. “His passion for filmmaking, proven track record, and wealth of experience make him a great addition to our Disney live-action team.” Before Columbia, Dickerman was president of Wolfgang Petersen’s Radiant Productions where he worked on films like Troy and The Perfect Storm.
Disney Hires Columbia Pictures’ Sam Dickerman As EVP Production
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'