Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over