Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season