Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers & Trevor Noah Take On Donald Trump-John Lewis Flap
- ABC Buys Muslim Model Comedy From Zainab Johnson, Wanda Sykes, Tom Straw
- Tom Cruise Absolutely Not Inspiration For ‘The Arrangement,’ Creator & Cast Insist – TCA
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘O.J.,’ ‘The Voice’ & ‘Last Week Tonight’ Among NATPE Reality Awards Winners
- Bill O’Reilly To Interview Donald Trump During Super Bowl Pregame