Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Adds Four To Cast & Reveals The Scoop On Season 7
- DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC
- ‘This Is Us’: Jon Huertas Joins Dan Fogelman NBC Dramedy
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Richard Kind, The Last Martin O’Malley Supporter, Attends DNC For Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers