Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime