Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) will direct the first episode of Starz‘s new drama series Flesh And Bone, created/executive produced by Breaking Bad‘s Moira Walley-Beckett and executive produced by Lawrence Bender, Kevin Brown and John Melfi. The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world. Michôd made his feature debut as a writer and director of Sundance winner Animal Kingdom. His follow-up, The Rover, stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. “I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.” This is Michôd’s second TV directing gig and his first pilot. He previously helmed an episode of Mike White’s HBO comedy Enlightened.
David Michôd To Direct First Episode Of Starz’s Ballet Drama Series ‘Flesh And Bone’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson