With the future of his NBC comedy still in doubt, Dan Harmon is guaranteed to have at least one show on next season. Adult Swim has picked up the Community creator’s Rick And Morty for Season 2. The animated half-hour, created and exec produced by Harmon and Justin Roiland, centers on a sociopathic scientist who drags his dim grandson on adventures across the universe. Roiland voices both roles. Rick And Morty, one of Adult Swim’s first original primetime shows, airs at 10:30 PM Mondays. “I’m relieved to be in a time slot of no strategic value to CBS,” Harmon said in a statement.
Dan Harmon’s ‘Rick And Morty’ Gets Second Season On Adult Swim
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video