With the future of his NBC comedy still in doubt, Dan Harmon is guaranteed to have at least one show on next season. Adult Swim has picked up the Community creator’s Rick And Morty for Season 2. The animated half-hour, created and exec produced by Harmon and Justin Roiland, centers on a sociopathic scientist who drags his dim grandson on adventures across the universe. Roiland voices both roles. Rick And Morty, one of Adult Swim’s first original primetime shows, airs at 10:30 PM Mondays. “I’m relieved to be in a time slot of no strategic value to CBS,” Harmon said in a statement.
Dan Harmon’s ‘Rick And Morty’ Gets Second Season On Adult Swim
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'