The CW is staying in the genre/fantasy space with another drama pilot order, to The Messengers, from feature producer Basil Iwanyk (The Clash Of The Titans franchise) and CBS TV Studios. Written by Eoghan O’Donnell (Teen Wolf) with The Good Wife exec producer Ted Humphrey supervising, The Messengers starts with a mysterious object crashing down to earth. A group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending Apocalypse. (A previous description identified the awoken strangers as angels of the coming Apocalypse). Iwanyk executive produces through his Thunder Road Television. Thunder Road’s SVP Film & TV Kent Kubena and Industry Entertainment’s Ava Jamshidi also executive produce, with O’Donnell co-exec producing. The Messengers joins five other CW pilots, comic book adaptations The Flash and iZombie, Supernatural spinoff, thriller Identity and female soap Jane the Virgin.
CW Orders Apocalyptic Drama Pilot ‘The Messengers’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…