The CW is staying in the genre/fantasy space with another drama pilot order, to The Messengers, from feature producer Basil Iwanyk (The Clash Of The Titans franchise) and CBS TV Studios. Written by Eoghan O’Donnell (Teen Wolf) with The Good Wife exec producer Ted Humphrey supervising, The Messengers starts with a mysterious object crashing down to earth. A group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending Apocalypse. (A previous description identified the awoken strangers as angels of the coming Apocalypse). Iwanyk executive produces through his Thunder Road Television. Thunder Road’s SVP Film & TV Kent Kubena and Industry Entertainment’s Ava Jamshidi also executive produce, with O’Donnell co-exec producing. The Messengers joins five other CW pilots, comic book adaptations The Flash and iZombie, Supernatural spinoff, thriller Identity and female soap Jane the Virgin.
CW Orders Apocalyptic Drama Pilot ‘The Messengers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- NBC Holding Open Casting Call For Dorothy In ‘The Wiz Live!’
- ‘Urban Cowboy’ Drama Series In Development At Fox
- The Big Bang Theory STEM Scholarship Set At UCLA
- ‘MasterChef’ Ratings Rise, ‘Briefcase’ Debut Tops Viewership, ‘500 Questions’ Dips
- Trevor Noah Takes Over ‘The Daily Show’ On September 28
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?