The CW is staying in the genre/fantasy space with another drama pilot order, to The Messengers, from feature producer Basil Iwanyk (The Clash Of The Titans franchise) and CBS TV Studios. Written by Eoghan O’Donnell (Teen Wolf) with The Good Wife exec producer Ted Humphrey supervising, The Messengers starts with a mysterious object crashing down to earth. A group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending Apocalypse. (A previous description identified the awoken strangers as angels of the coming Apocalypse). Iwanyk executive produces through his Thunder Road Television. Thunder Road’s SVP Film & TV Kent Kubena and Industry Entertainment’s Ava Jamshidi also executive produce, with O’Donnell co-exec producing. The Messengers joins five other CW pilots, comic book adaptations The Flash and iZombie, Supernatural spinoff, thriller Identity and female soap Jane the Virgin.
CW Orders Apocalyptic Drama Pilot ‘The Messengers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate