The CW is staying in the genre/fantasy space with another drama pilot order, to The Messengers, from feature producer Basil Iwanyk (The Clash Of The Titans franchise) and CBS TV Studios. Written by Eoghan O’Donnell (Teen Wolf) with The Good Wife exec producer Ted Humphrey supervising, The Messengers starts with a mysterious object crashing down to earth. A group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending Apocalypse. (A previous description identified the awoken strangers as angels of the coming Apocalypse). Iwanyk executive produces through his Thunder Road Television. Thunder Road’s SVP Film & TV Kent Kubena and Industry Entertainment’s Ava Jamshidi also executive produce, with O’Donnell co-exec producing. The Messengers joins five other CW pilots, comic book adaptations The Flash and iZombie, Supernatural spinoff, thriller Identity and female soap Jane the Virgin.
CW Orders Apocalyptic Drama Pilot ‘The Messengers’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive