CORE Media Group, the parent company of American Idol producer 19 Entertainment, has partnered with women’s lifestyle online network PopSugar to develop, produce and distribute scripted and non-scripted projects. Targeting PopSugar’s core demographic of women between the ages of 18-40, the projects will be intended for distribution on broadcast, cable and online, including POPSUGAR.com. The joint TV projects will be managed by Core Media, while the online projects will be shepherded by PopSugar. “With strong, combined ties to both the traditional and online entertainment communities, this collaboration makes sense on every level,” said said Jen O’Connell, Head of U.S. Television for CORE Media Group. O’Connell and her team will develop content specifically for PopSugar, including shows that can launch on PopSugar properties before migrating to television. CORE Media Group’s Halfire-CORE scripted division recently set up a remake of Highway to Heaven at A&E, while PopSugar teamed with TV Guide Network for a half-hour daily entertainment news show titled PopSugar Now.
CORE Media Group & PopSugar Partner For Scripted & Non-Scripted Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over