Solipsist Films is bringing fictional hero Gage Hartline to the big screen with To The Lions, adapted from author Chuck Driskell’s book series about the ex-military man for hire. To The Lions is the second book in the Gage Hartline series but the first to be adapted by Solipsist, which is currently out to writers. Lions follows onetime Green Beret Hartline into a Spanish prison where he must safeguard the life of a cartel leader’s son. The first book in the series, The Diaries, as well as two upcoming sequels were also acquired in the deal. Solipsist is also prepping ensemble comedy Supreme Ruler with Ron Livingston and Marcia Gay Harden and has Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hitting theaters in August.
Solipsist Films Acquires Chuck Driskell Novel ‘To The Lions’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast