Solipsist Films is bringing fictional hero Gage Hartline to the big screen with To The Lions, adapted from author Chuck Driskell’s book series about the ex-military man for hire. To The Lions is the second book in the Gage Hartline series but the first to be adapted by Solipsist, which is currently out to writers. Lions follows onetime Green Beret Hartline into a Spanish prison where he must safeguard the life of a cartel leader’s son. The first book in the series, The Diaries, as well as two upcoming sequels were also acquired in the deal. Solipsist is also prepping ensemble comedy Supreme Ruler with Ron Livingston and Marcia Gay Harden and has Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For hitting theaters in August.
Solipsist Films Acquires Chuck Driskell Novel ‘To The Lions’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'