The $19M payment brings C-Media’s total investment in the China pay TV VOD service up to $25M, and gives it three of YOU On Demand‘s seven board seats, the companies say this morning. Two current board members, Michael Jackson (former chairman of Universal Television, USA Entertainment, and CEO of UK’s Channel Four) and Michael Birkin (former CEO of Omnicom Asia) resigned to make room for the reps from Beijing-based C-Media, a mobile video provider. The company’s controlled by its founder, Xuesong Song. “In addition to providing us with funding to assist our Company at this important inflection point in our corporate evolution, we also look forward to continuing to benefit from Mr. Song’s tremendous experience and success doing business in China, as well as C Media’s mobile industry expertise,” says YOU On Demand Chairman Shane McMahon. Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, NBC Universal, Warner Bros., Miramax Films, Lionsgate and Magnolia Pictures are among the studios that distribute films through YOU On Demand.
China’s C-Media Completes Investment In YOU On Demand
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Business News
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO
- As Exhibitors Fret Over Studios’ Push To Crush Windows, Here's The Sobering Reality About PVOD – CinemaCon
- IM Global Television Expands Unscripted & Alternative Development Team
- Broadway Interest Piqued As Former NY Times Drama Critic Charles Isherwood Heads To Web
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship
- Broadway Review: In ‘Sweat’, Trump’s Pipe Dream Deferred; ‘Dear Evan Hansen’