CBS and CBS Television Studios have signed three talent holding deals with performers from the CBS’ 9th annual Diversity Comedy Showcase, held on January 22nd and 23rd. One of them, with Upright Citizens Brigade’s Drew Tarver, already resulted in his casting as a lead in CBS’ comedy pilot How I Met Your Dad. The other two comedy performers signed in talent deals are Haneefah Wood, who has appeared in the Broadway productions of Rent, Avenue Q, and Brooklyn; and Nico Santos, a recurring panelist on Chelsea Lately. Additionally, another performer in the showcase, which is open to the community, Chloe Wepper, landed a regular role on the ABC comedy pilot My Thoughts Exactly. Wood is with Principato Young; Santos with Greene & Assoc. Over the years, the CBS Diversity Comedy Showcase has led to over 1813 auditions for diverse actors with 494 roles booked across broadcast and cable.
CBS Signs Talent Deals With Diversity Showcase Performers
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials
- Comedy Central Developing ‘Living The Dream’ From Aaron Karo & Dillon Francis