CBS and CBS Television Studios have signed three talent holding deals with performers from the CBS’ 9th annual Diversity Comedy Showcase, held on January 22nd and 23rd. One of them, with Upright Citizens Brigade’s Drew Tarver, already resulted in his casting as a lead in CBS’ comedy pilot How I Met Your Dad. The other two comedy performers signed in talent deals are Haneefah Wood, who has appeared in the Broadway productions of Rent, Avenue Q, and Brooklyn; and Nico Santos, a recurring panelist on Chelsea Lately. Additionally, another performer in the showcase, which is open to the community, Chloe Wepper, landed a regular role on the ABC comedy pilot My Thoughts Exactly. Wood is with Principato Young; Santos with Greene & Assoc. Over the years, the CBS Diversity Comedy Showcase has led to over 1813 auditions for diverse actors with 494 roles booked across broadcast and cable.
CBS Signs Talent Deals With Diversity Showcase Performers
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'