A week after Kilburn Media came aboard to finance The End Of The Tour, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has picked up rights for multiple territories to the pic at Berlin. Jason Segel stars as Infinite Jest author David Foster Wallace, who committed suicide in 2008 during a book tour at the start of his fame. Jesse Eisenberg stars as Rolling Stone reporter David Lipsky, who accompanied Wallace on the tour. Along the way, jealousy and competition emerge between the two writers as they discuss women, depression and the pros and cons of fame. The film is directed by James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now), and David Kanter and Matt DeRoss are producing for Anonymous Content with Modern Man Films’ James Dahl. Manuel and O’Neal will produce for Kilburn. Anonymous Content’s Paul Green is exec producing. Shooting is expected to begin soon. The newly launched sales and finance company Fortitude International is selling the film at the European Film Market.
Berlin: Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Picks Up ‘The End Of The Tour’, Starring Jason Segel & Jesse Eisenberg
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…