A week after Kilburn Media came aboard to finance The End Of The Tour, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has picked up rights for multiple territories to the pic at Berlin. Jason Segel stars as Infinite Jest author David Foster Wallace, who committed suicide in 2008 during a book tour at the start of his fame. Jesse Eisenberg stars as Rolling Stone reporter David Lipsky, who accompanied Wallace on the tour. Along the way, jealousy and competition emerge between the two writers as they discuss women, depression and the pros and cons of fame. The film is directed by James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now), and David Kanter and Matt DeRoss are producing for Anonymous Content with Modern Man Films’ James Dahl. Manuel and O’Neal will produce for Kilburn. Anonymous Content’s Paul Green is exec producing. Shooting is expected to begin soon. The newly launched sales and finance company Fortitude International is selling the film at the European Film Market.
Berlin: Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Picks Up ‘The End Of The Tour’, Starring Jason Segel & Jesse Eisenberg
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'
- Participant Joins DreamWorks On Spielberg Cold War Pic & 'The Light Between Oceans'