Radius-TWC has acquired Danish horror pic When Animals Dream (Når Dyret Drømmer), the tale of a 16-year-old girl living in a secluded fishing village who falls in love and discovers she’s a werewolf as she’s hunted down by the village. Jonas Arnby directs the Gaumont Int’l-repped pic described as Let the Right One In meets Carrie. Jakob Oftebro, Lars Mikkelsen of The Killing, and Sonja Suhl star in the film produced by Alphaville in association with Gaumont Int’l and Back Up Films. Radius-TWC’s Tom Quinn negotiated the deal with Gaumont’s Cécile Gaget. When Animals Dream has also sold to Altitude (UK), Australia (Madman), Germany (Prokino), and Odeon (Greece) and is poised for stateside release later this year with a possible stop in Cannes.
Berlin: Radius-TWC Snags Coming Of Age Werewolf Import ‘When Animals Dream’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation