Amplify, the new all-rights distribution company formed in a merger between Variance Films and GoDigital, has acquired U.S. rights to Stuart Murdoch’s pop musical God Help The Girl. Pic received a World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Award when it premiered this year at Sundance. It opens the Generations section of the 64th Berlinale this weekend and will continue its festival run at SXSW this March. God Help The Girl stars Emily Browning, Olly Alexander and Hannah Murray as three friends joined together by music and its possibilities over a summer in Glasgow. God Help The Girl was written, directed, and features all original songs by Belle & Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch. Barry Mendel (Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums) produced. Singer Films’ Carole Singer co-produced and Chris Curling and Phil Robertson of Zephyr Films exec produced. Amplify will release the film across the U.S. early this fall, with a home video release to follow.
Berlin: Amplify Picks Up Musical ‘God Help The Girl’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens
Keira Knightley-Starrer 'Colette' In First Big Sundance Deal: Bleecker Street & 30WEST Team For U.S. Rights
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…
- 'Darkest Hour' Tops $41M, 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $30M, 'Call Me By Your Name' Expands – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Arizona’ Stars Danny McBride & Kaitlin Olson On Their Penchant For Portraying Extreme Characters…
- ‘The Sun Ladies’ Filmmakers On Telling The Story Of “Empowered Women” Through A VR Lens…
- ‘Come Sunday’ Sundance Clip: Chiwetel Ejiofor Preaches To The Angry Choir
- Charlize Theron, Jason Reitman & Diablo Cody Reteam ‘Tully’ Is Sundance Secret Screening