Amplify, the new all-rights distribution company formed in a merger between Variance Films and GoDigital, has acquired U.S. rights to Stuart Murdoch’s pop musical God Help The Girl. Pic received a World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Award when it premiered this year at Sundance. It opens the Generations section of the 64th Berlinale this weekend and will continue its festival run at SXSW this March. God Help The Girl stars Emily Browning, Olly Alexander and Hannah Murray as three friends joined together by music and its possibilities over a summer in Glasgow. God Help The Girl was written, directed, and features all original songs by Belle & Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch. Barry Mendel (Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums) produced. Singer Films’ Carole Singer co-produced and Chris Curling and Phil Robertson of Zephyr Films exec produced. Amplify will release the film across the U.S. early this fall, with a home video release to follow.
Berlin: Amplify Picks Up Musical ‘God Help The Girl’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Werner Herzog's "Rogue" Filmmaking Lessons Questioned By Father Of 'Midnight Rider' Assistant Killed On Set
Latest Film News
- Werner Herzog’s “Rogue” Filmmaking Lessons Questioned By Father Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Assistant Killed…
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1 & ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; ‘Pets’ Passes $700M WW – Intl…
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…