EXCLUSIVE: What if Robin Hood and his traditional nemesis, the Sheriff of Nottingham, were the same person? That is the premise of Nottingham, a Game Of Thrones reinvention of the classic mythology in the works at BBC America. The series project is written by Dracula creator Cole Haddon, who again takes on a classic villain character. Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Davis Entertainment, the companies behind NBC hit The Blacklist, are producing, with Haddon and Davis Entertainment’s John Davis and John Fox executive producing. Described as a soapy class drama, Nottingham centers on the Sheriff of Nottingham whose wife is killed by King John’s men. When nobody is brought to justice, the Sheriff launches a one-man war against the Crown. By day, he remains the reviled Sheriff, loyal servant of the King, but by night he puts on a hood and, using the intelligence he gains from his office, attacks the King where it hurts the most — his coffers. As Robin Hood, he systematically raids the King’s men, his noble loyalists and political allies, giving the spoils to the starving peasantry and starting a rebellion that will change England forever. Until now, the Sheriff of Nottingham has always been depicted as a villain, most famously portrayed by the great Alan Rickman in the 1991 feature Prince Of Thieves (pictured). Haddon is with WME and Anonymous Content.
BBC America Developing Robin Hood Drama Series ‘Nottingham’ From ‘Dracula’ Creator
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'