Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues — and continues. Paramount‘s sequel, which sees the old KVWN news team helping launch a 24-hour cable news channel, is returning to theaters next week. But it’s not your standard reissue. The marquee-clogging Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: Super Sized R Rated Version clocks in at two hours-plus and boasts the newly raunched-up rating. And if you believe the studio, it also features “763 entirely new jokes”. (Is that one of them?) “When my editor told me we had a whole different version of the movie that was more than two hours long with nearly 800 new jokes, I was shocked,” writer-director Adam McKay said in the release. “But when Paramount said they were actually going to put it in theaters, I did a 1950s spit take. If you’re a hardcore Anchorman fan go see this. If you’re not, stay very far away.” The flick starring Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate and Paul Rudd has banked more than $125M domestically since its December 18 release, which was preceded by a marketing blitz that made many feel like they’d seen the thing before it came out.
‘Anchorman 2′ Back On The Air With R Rating & “Nearly 800 New Jokes”
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot