EXCLUSIVE: As Oscar voting begins today a lot of campaigns are moving into their final phase. American Hustle, which is generally considered to be one of three front runners for Best Picture along with 12 Years A Slave and Gravity, has decided to take its message directly to television with a half-hour special on the Los Angeles CBS affiliate at 7:30 PM on Monday, President’s Day following Entertainment Tonight. That’s significant because these almost-primetime specials are a favorite in presidential politics too. Gravity is doing the same thing tonight on KCBS. This special, American Hustle: The Art And Soul Of Survival, takes a deeper look into the creative process of writer-director David O. Russell and the film, which earned 10 Oscar nominations and the same number at this weekend’s BAFTA awards. Here’s an exclusive look at the program which you can watch here so you don’t have to miss Wheel Of Fortune which airs opposite it.
OSCARS: ‘American Hustle’ Takes Its Campaign To Television (Video)
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Awardsline News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog