David O. Russell‘s American Hustle just crossed the $200M for Sony Pictures and Annapurna today. The film which has received 10 Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, and all four acting categories has a domestic gross of $138.7M domestic with another $64M internationally. The Atlas Entertainment production has opened to No. 1 internationally in six territories, including UK, Australia, and New Zealand and is expanding this weekend. It is currently in 25 markets and will open in Brazil this weekend. The film has already become David O. Russell’s highest grosser surpassing Silver Linings Playbook ($132.1M) domestically last weekend. American Hustle has also now become the highest-grossing film, both domestically and internationally, for Annapurna Pictures. Its Panorama Media, is the sales rep internationally. The production company has been having a good year with two Oscar nominated Best Picture (the other being Her). American Hustle is also nominated for 10 BAFTAs which will hand out their awards on Sunday. The ensemble picture stars Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, and Jennifer Lawrence. Producer Charles Roven, who produced with Richard Suckle, Megan Ellison, and Jonathan Gordon, also received his first Oscar nom on the film. American Hustle was released limited on December 13 and went wide during Christmas.
‘American Hustle’ Cashes In With $200M Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…