David O. Russell‘s American Hustle just crossed the $200M for Sony Pictures and Annapurna today. The film which has received 10 Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, and all four acting categories has a domestic gross of $138.7M domestic with another $64M internationally. The Atlas Entertainment production has opened to No. 1 internationally in six territories, including UK, Australia, and New Zealand and is expanding this weekend. It is currently in 25 markets and will open in Brazil this weekend. The film has already become David O. Russell’s highest grosser surpassing Silver Linings Playbook ($132.1M) domestically last weekend. American Hustle has also now become the highest-grossing film, both domestically and internationally, for Annapurna Pictures. Its Panorama Media, is the sales rep internationally. The production company has been having a good year with two Oscar nominated Best Picture (the other being Her). American Hustle is also nominated for 10 BAFTAs which will hand out their awards on Sunday. The ensemble picture stars Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, and Jennifer Lawrence. Producer Charles Roven, who produced with Richard Suckle, Megan Ellison, and Jonathan Gordon, also received his first Oscar nom on the film. American Hustle was released limited on December 13 and went wide during Christmas.
‘American Hustle’ Cashes In With $200M Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies