ABC and dick clark productions have extended their broadcast agreements for the American Music Awards for nine years (through 2022/23) and Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve With Ryan Seacrest for ten years (through 2023/24). Today’s announcement comes on the heels of the recent ratings success of both specials. The 2013 American Music Awards surged 39%, attracting the show’s second biggest overall audience in 11 years with 13.1 million viewers. The show also spiked 86% with teens 12-17 to score a 9-year high. Meanwhile, Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2014 delivered its largest audience since 2000 attracting an average of 22.8 million viewers. As previously announced, Seacrest has extended his deal to continue to host and executive produce Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest through 2017.
ABC, Dick Clark Prods. Ink Multi-Year Deals For ‘American Music Awards’, ‘Rockin Eve’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'