Avatar and Star Trek star Zoe Saldana has been tapped as the lead in NBC’s four-hour miniseries Rosemary’s Baby, an adaptation of the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin. The mini centers on Rosemary (Saldana), a young wife and would-be mother who, with her husband, moves into a Paris apartment that has a dark past. After finally getting pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious that both her husband and their mysterious neighbors have ulterior motives about the future of her child. Mia Farrow played the role in Roman Polanski’s 1968 feature adaptation. “Zoe has proven that she is one of our most gifted actresses, and we think she has the perfect combination of spirit and gravitas to take on the title role from Ira Levin’s infamous novel,” said NBC’s head of longform Quinn Taylor. “With Zoe leading the cast under the direction of Agnieszka Holland, this reimagined event miniseries is off to a great start.” Holland is directing the mini from a script by Scott Abbott. Production is set to begin shortly in Paris. ICM Partners-repped Saldana recently appeared in the Christian Bale drama Out Of The Furnace, and her upcoming projects include Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy and Blood Ties. Rosemary’s Baby is the first miniseries greenlighted by NBC as part of its renewed push in the longform arena. It was followed shortly by an order for The Bible sequel A.D.
Zoe Saldana To Topline NBC Miniseries ‘Rosemary’s Baby’
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot