Zachary Quinto, who stars as Spock in Star Trek reboots (Star Trek Into Darkness), will be joining Rupert Friend in Fox International’s Hitman sequel, Agent 47. Quinto will be joining the project straight from the New York stage where he is co-starring to critical raves in The Glass Menagerie. Agent 47 is the project that previously was cast with Paul Walker in the lead. After the actor died tragically in a car crash, the project was postponed from its initial February start date and then recast. Friend (best known for Homeland) came aboard to replace Walker earlier this month. It will be directed by Aleksander Bach from a script by Skip Woods and Michael Finch. The project will now go before the cameras in March. Chuck Gordon, Alex Young and Adrian Askarieh are producing. Daniel Alter is the exec producer. It makes complete sense why the studio would do a sequel for this property. The original Hitman bowed in 2007 with Timothy Olyphant and Dougray Scott starring. That film went onto gross just shy of $100M worldwide ($99.96M), most of it — $60.2M coming from international markets. Quinto previously portrayed Sylar in the sci-fi Heroes television series for four years, from 2006 to 2010. His name is now synonymous with Star Trek, having portrayed the young Spock first in 2009’s Star Trek reboot and then again in last year’s Into Darkness. That film has grossed $467.3M total worldwide, half of it from international markets so Quinto is well-known to foreign audiences. However, his roots are in theater. He is currently on stage in New York’s Booth Theater inthe aforementioned The Glass Menagerie starring opposite Tony award winner Cherry Jones. The show, which garnered critical acclaim for Quinto (The NY Times Ben Brantley said his performance was “the finest Tom I’ve ever seen), runs through Feb. 23. Quinto is on a roll lately, having received his first Emmy nom for his acting in American Horror Story and his production company helped produce All is Lost starring Robert Redford. Nice. Both Friend and Quinto are repped by CAA. Quinto is also repped by Jason Weinberg at Untitled Entertainment.
Zachary Quinto In ‘Agent 47′ For Fox Int’l
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Busch
- FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M – B.O. Final
- '22 Jump Street' Being Re-Released Oct. 24th Only Days Before Home Entertainment Launch
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
- Hot Reads: DreamWorks' Stacey Snider On 'Lawrence in Arabia' And More
- 'Fury' Box Office Opens To Strong $1.2M; 'Book Of Life' To $300K – Late Nights; Friday Matinees Tumble In
- Former Film Engine's Navid McIIhargey Partners With German Financiers, Acquires First Project 'The Feud'