Former Chuck star Yvonne Strahovski is back in the field with another turn a spy. The Dexter alumna has been cast Fox‘s event series 24: Live Another Day that will be set and filmed in London. The next chapter in the 24 franchise, from 20th TV, Imagine TV and Teakwood Lane, picks up the story four years after the 24 series finale, which left Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) as a fugitive from justice. Four years later, he is back on the run, this time in Europe. Strahovski will play Kate Morgan, a brilliant but impulsive CIA field operative in London. UPDATE, 8:30 PM: Fox also shed more light on the special post-Super Bowl episodes of New Girl, which features a guest appearance by one of the top Super Bowl halftime acts, Prince, as himself, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. New Girl‘s episode “Party Time” features Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Cece (Hannah Simone) being invited to a mansion party thrown by Prince, with their male friends determined to join them. On Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Jake (Andy Samberg) and Amy (Melissa Fumero) investigate a string of hotel robberies together, but their partnership is put to the test when he finds out she may leave the Nine-Nine to work in the Crimes unit with “The Vulture” (guest star Dean Winters). Fred Armisen and former NFL quarterback Joe Thiesmann also guest star.
TCA: Yvonne Strahovski Joins ’24: Live Another Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips