Warner Bros isn’t talking, but Dutch media is reporting today that the company is in talks to acquire Netherlands-based TV producer Eyeworks, Reuters said. Warner Bros International Television Production already has a majority stake in UK production group Shed Media and in BlazHoffski Holdingan, an indie producer that operates in The Netherlands and Belgium. Eyeworks produces and distributes unscripted programs in 16 countries including many in Europe as well as the U.S., New Zealand, Australia and Latin America. Among its shows are Celebrity Splash, Extreme Weight Loss, Test The Nation and I Know What You Did Last Friday. European production companies have been increasingly attractive acquisitions targets in general over the last year, with ITV taking majority stakes in the UK’s Big Talk, The Garden and So Television while Modern Times Group bought Nordic outfit Nice Entertainment and FremantleMedia took controlling interest in Denmark’s Miso Film. Also, NBCUniversal owns Downton Abbey producer Carnival Films. WBITVP is understood to be looking to establish or acquire production companies in major global TV markets to make local scripted and non-scripted programming. Eyeworks signed a development deal with Fox Television Studios in September to jointly develop scripted programming originating from Scandinavian writers for the U.S. and international markets. The company has a formal presence in the U.S. through the 2006 acquisition of a 50% stake in American reality producer 3 Ball (The Biggest Loser), which was renamed Eyeworks USA.
Warner Bros. Eyeing Dutch TV Producer Eyeworks: Reports
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest International News
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- ‘The Bridge’ Heads To Asia After Endemol Shine Strikes Deal With SVOD Service Viu
- Saudi Arabia Moviegoing: Studio Distrib & Exhibition Bosses Debate Ticket Prices, Taxes & More At CinemaCon
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Tencent To Co-Fi Skydance’s ‘Terminator’ Reboot, Takes Chinese Distribution