The Driver, about an ordinary man who makes a terrible decision, is a three-part thriller from BAFTA Award-winning screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst (Shameless UK). The Walking Dead‘s David Morrissey will play taxi driver Vince McKee, who blames himself for a family mystery and accepts an offer to start driving for a criminal gang. But, says the BBC, it’s ultimately a redemptive story about getting a second chance under incredible circumstances. Jim Poyser co-created the drama which is co-produced by Morrissey’s Highfield Pictures and RED Production Company for BBC One. Jamie Payne (Doctor Who, The White Queen, The Hour) is director. Ian Hart, Colm Meaney, Shaun Dingwall, Claudie Blakeley, Sacha Parkinson and Lee Ross also star. Morrissey, who is also toplining AMC pilot Line Of Sight, is executive producing The Driver for Highfield with Nicola Shindler for Red and Polly Hill for BBC One. Producer is Jolyon Symonds (Breathless). Shooting starts in and around Manchester this week for a 2014 air date.
David Morrissey To Topline BBC One Miniseries ‘The Driver’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group