The Driver, about an ordinary man who makes a terrible decision, is a three-part thriller from BAFTA Award-winning screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst (Shameless UK). The Walking Dead‘s David Morrissey will play taxi driver Vince McKee, who blames himself for a family mystery and accepts an offer to start driving for a criminal gang. But, says the BBC, it’s ultimately a redemptive story about getting a second chance under incredible circumstances. Jim Poyser co-created the drama which is co-produced by Morrissey’s Highfield Pictures and RED Production Company for BBC One. Jamie Payne (Doctor Who, The White Queen, The Hour) is director. Ian Hart, Colm Meaney, Shaun Dingwall, Claudie Blakeley, Sacha Parkinson and Lee Ross also star. Morrissey, who is also toplining AMC pilot Line Of Sight, is executive producing The Driver for Highfield with Nicola Shindler for Red and Polly Hill for BBC One. Producer is Jolyon Symonds (Breathless). Shooting starts in and around Manchester this week for a 2014 air date.
David Morrissey To Topline BBC One Miniseries ‘The Driver’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”