The Driver, about an ordinary man who makes a terrible decision, is a three-part thriller from BAFTA Award-winning screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst (Shameless UK). The Walking Dead‘s David Morrissey will play taxi driver Vince McKee, who blames himself for a family mystery and accepts an offer to start driving for a criminal gang. But, says the BBC, it’s ultimately a redemptive story about getting a second chance under incredible circumstances. Jim Poyser co-created the drama which is co-produced by Morrissey’s Highfield Pictures and RED Production Company for BBC One. Jamie Payne (Doctor Who, The White Queen, The Hour) is director. Ian Hart, Colm Meaney, Shaun Dingwall, Claudie Blakeley, Sacha Parkinson and Lee Ross also star. Morrissey, who is also toplining AMC pilot Line Of Sight, is executive producing The Driver for Highfield with Nicola Shindler for Red and Polly Hill for BBC One. Producer is Jolyon Symonds (Breathless). Shooting starts in and around Manchester this week for a 2014 air date.
David Morrissey To Topline BBC One Miniseries ‘The Driver’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- Meryl Streep On Berlin Jury Duty: “I Don’t Know How To Do This” – Update
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future
- Parkes + Macdonald & Image Nation Abu Dhabi Acquire Rights To Iconic French Naval Explorer Jacques Cousteau…