The Driver, about an ordinary man who makes a terrible decision, is a three-part thriller from BAFTA Award-winning screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst (Shameless UK). The Walking Dead‘s David Morrissey will play taxi driver Vince McKee, who blames himself for a family mystery and accepts an offer to start driving for a criminal gang. But, says the BBC, it’s ultimately a redemptive story about getting a second chance under incredible circumstances. Jim Poyser co-created the drama which is co-produced by Morrissey’s Highfield Pictures and RED Production Company for BBC One. Jamie Payne (Doctor Who, The White Queen, The Hour) is director. Ian Hart, Colm Meaney, Shaun Dingwall, Claudie Blakeley, Sacha Parkinson and Lee Ross also star. Morrissey, who is also toplining AMC pilot Line Of Sight, is executive producing The Driver for Highfield with Nicola Shindler for Red and Polly Hill for BBC One. Producer is Jolyon Symonds (Breathless). Shooting starts in and around Manchester this week for a 2014 air date.
David Morrissey To Topline BBC One Miniseries ‘The Driver’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest International News
- Toronto To Open With ‘The Magnificent Seven’; ‘La La Land’, ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Among Galas…
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalize Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?