Blumhouse and Relativity acquired the Mike Flanagan-helmed Oculus out of its Toronto Film Festival debut and the companies (with newly-pacted distribution partner WWE Studios) have now released a peek at the April 11 horror pic. Doctor Who‘s Karen Gillan and Brenton Thwaites star as siblings Kaylie and Tim, whose parents were killed ten years ago in a brutal act blamed on Tim. When he’s released from custody, Kaylie sets out to prove a malevolent supernatural force was really behind their parents’ murder by returning to their childhood home. Katee Sackhoff and Rory Cochrane also star in the pic scripted by Flanagan and Jeff Howard based on a short story by Flanagan and Jeff Seidman. Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans produced, with Jason Blum, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley, Anil Kurian, D. Scott Lumpkin, Peter Schlessel, Dale Johnson, Glenn Murray, Julie May, Mike Ilitch Jr. and Michael Luisi aboard as exec producers. Get an eyeful of the teaser trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Oculus’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture