Blumhouse and Relativity acquired the Mike Flanagan-helmed Oculus out of its Toronto Film Festival debut and the companies (with newly-pacted distribution partner WWE Studios) have now released a peek at the April 11 horror pic. Doctor Who‘s Karen Gillan and Brenton Thwaites star as siblings Kaylie and Tim, whose parents were killed ten years ago in a brutal act blamed on Tim. When he’s released from custody, Kaylie sets out to prove a malevolent supernatural force was really behind their parents’ murder by returning to their childhood home. Katee Sackhoff and Rory Cochrane also star in the pic scripted by Flanagan and Jeff Howard based on a short story by Flanagan and Jeff Seidman. Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans produced, with Jason Blum, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley, Anil Kurian, D. Scott Lumpkin, Peter Schlessel, Dale Johnson, Glenn Murray, Julie May, Mike Ilitch Jr. and Michael Luisi aboard as exec producers. Get an eyeful of the teaser trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Oculus’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Yamato
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set