EXCLUSIVE: Richard Linklater isn’t the only filmmaker at Sundance to film a movie over the course of an extraordinarily long span of time. Australian helmer Sophie Hyde shot World competition drama 52 Tuesdays, about a teenager (Tilda Cobham-Hervey) adjusting as her mother (Del Herbert-Jane) begins a gender transition, over the course of a year. The characters’ time together becomes limited to once a week, on Tuesdays – which is also how Hyde and her crew shot the film with actors Tilda Cobham-Hervey, Del Herbert-Jane, Imogen Archer, Mario Späte, Beau Williams, and Sam Althuizen. Matthew Cormack scripted from a story by Hyde. visit Films is repping sales at Sundance. 52 Tuesdays screens again Thursday and Friday:
Hot Sundance Clip: ‘52 Tuesdays’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette