EXCLUSIVE: Richard Linklater isn’t the only filmmaker at Sundance to film a movie over the course of an extraordinarily long span of time. Australian helmer Sophie Hyde shot World competition drama 52 Tuesdays, about a teenager (Tilda Cobham-Hervey) adjusting as her mother (Del Herbert-Jane) begins a gender transition, over the course of a year. The characters’ time together becomes limited to once a week, on Tuesdays – which is also how Hyde and her crew shot the film with actors Tilda Cobham-Hervey, Del Herbert-Jane, Imogen Archer, Mario Späte, Beau Williams, and Sam Althuizen. Matthew Cormack scripted from a story by Hyde. visit Films is repping sales at Sundance. 52 Tuesdays screens again Thursday and Friday:
Hot Sundance Clip: ‘52 Tuesdays’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking