Blue Ruin premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, where it screened in the Directors’ Fortnight and went on to win the FIPRESCI International Critics Prize. It also has screened at Toronto, AFI Fest, Fantastic Fest and is slotted for the Spotlight section at the Sundance Film Festival underway in Park City, UT. Jeremy Saulnier directs the story of a man whose quiet life is turned upside down by some unwelcome news and subsequently sets off for his childhood home to carry out an act of revenge. Proving an improbable assassin, he winds up in a brutal fight to protect his estranged family. Macon Blair, Amy Hargreaves, Sidné Anderson, Devin Ratray, and Kevin Kolack star. Blue Ruin was produced by Anish Savjani, Richard Peete and Vincent Savino. Radius-TWC releases the pic on April 25. Check out the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Blue Ruin’
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog