EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Ritter is following in the footsteps of his father, the late John Ritter, with a starring role on a multi-camera comedy. Tyler has been cast as the lead in CBS’ new pilot for The McCarthys, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment. The comedy is being retooled as multi-camera after shooting a single-camera pilot last season. Written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. This marks the biggest role to date for Ritter whose father toplined such sitcoms as Three’s Company and 8 Simple Rules. Tyler’s older brother, Jason Ritter, already has several series under his belt, including The Event and Parenthood. Tyler is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
Tyler Ritter To Play The Lead In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘The McCarthys’
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'